You will be asked about the history of your current complaint. This will include questions about:
• how long you have had the problem,
• how it may have started,
• what factors may be stopping it getting better,
• what aggravates and what relieves the symptoms,
• the impact on your daily activities, including your domestic, social and work life.
You will also be asked about:
• your past history of similar problems,
• any other body framework injuries,
• other illnesses,
• medications you are taking,
• tests and investigations,
• hospitalisations or operations,
• illnesses that have affected any blood relatives.
The effects of sleep, stress, dietary intake and impact of your lifestyle on your health may also be explored.